“Celebration of Discipline”
Richard J. Foster
Fall 2012 Bible Study (Men’s & Women’s)
This fall, we are engaging in an exciting journey together! Both men’s and women’s ministries will be studying a book called The Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster. Through this study, we hope to join the many that have experienced a deeper, more intimate relationship with God through the practice of the spiritual disciplines. This will be a great study for men, women, and couples, as we will be on the same schedule and the book is sure to provide great conversations and discussions at home too! Foster states that “The Disciplines allow us to place ourselves before God so that he can transform us…By themselves the Spiritual Disciplines can do nothing; they can only get us to the place where something can be done.” Join us as we dig in and get to the place where God will change us this fall!
The Fall Schedule:
- Week #1 Sept. 18th-20th Door to Liberation
- Week #2 Sept. 25th-27th Inward Disciplines: Meditation
- Week #3 Oct. 2nd-4th Inward Disciplines: Prayer
- Week #4 Oct. 9th-11th Inward Disciplines: Fasting
- Week #5 Oct. 16th-18th Inward Disciplines: Study
- Week #6 Oct. 23rd- 25th Outward Disciplines: Simplicity
- Week #7 Oct. 30th- Nov.1st Outward Disciplines: Solitude
- Week #8 Nov. 6th-8th Outward Disciplines: Submission
- Week #9 Nov. 13th-15th Outward Disciplines: Service
- N/A Nov. 20th-22nd No Study (Thanksgiving week)
- Week #10 Nov. 27th-29th Corporate Disciplines: Confession
- Week #11 Dec. 4th-6th Corporate Disciplines: Worship
- Week #12 Dec. 11th-13th Corporate Disciplines: Guidance
- Week #13 Dec. 18th-20th Corporate Disciplines: Celebration
Women’s Bible Study Times:
- Tuesday’s 9:30-11:00 a.m.
- Thursday’s 6:30- 8:00 p.m.
Men’s Bible Study Times:
- Tuesday’s 6:30-8:00 a.m.
- Wed.’s 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Thursday’s 6:30-8:00 p.m.